Saturday, May 22, 2010

Building the Walls

I'm building walls today. Over the past week, I have cut & routed them, and yesterday and today I am assembling them with all of the structural lumber - this is the time-consuming part.





These are the box-posts and box header for the south wall. Each one took about an hour to assemble. They will be filled with foam after they are installed. Also note the box of Cheez-it for lunch.





I am assembling the walls on the trailer floor. Shown is the east wall (the most complicated wall) and the south wall on top (2 panels, and I will be adding 2 box posts and 1 box header).

After they are assembled, I will raise the two walls, and I will be able to stand inside my house!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed how you make everything from scratch by yourself! You must be some kind of Superman to build a house from scratch.

    ReplyDelete